Learn the story of how pizza changed Jim Grote’s life — and, as a result, thousands of lives around the world — and how Jim is now helping others create businesses based in unconditional love. Jim is the founder of Donatos Pizza and the founder of the EDGE Innovation Hub.
What Brett asks:
- [3:15] How did Jim’s life journey lead to his work with Donatos and the community?
- [13:20] When Jim was, as a teenager, given the offer to buy the pizza place he worked at, was he thinking about how it would affect his future?
- [23:20] How do you, in hindsight, reconcile the missed opportunities and times you were slighted?
- [25:45] Where did Jim’s inherent sense of principle, his deep-rooted core strength, come from?
- [31:00] What was the trajectory of Donatos Pizza? How did it come into McDonald’s radar?
- [38:00] How does a family impact the way you run a business?
- [45:35] Tell us about inventing the Pep-A-Matic, a patented machine designed to slice and apply pepperoni directly to pizza, and your thoughts on manifestation.
- [50:55] What is Jim’s process for manifestation?
- [58:45] What metaphysical and spiritual practices have shaped Jim’s personal practice over the years?
- [1:02:00] Let’s talk about unconditional love, Agape Capitalism, and plant medicine.
- [1:06:35] What’s Jim’s experience with plant medicine?
- [1:18:45] What is Jim doing now as a result of that experience?
To learn more about intentional living, and for the complete show notes, visit: gravityproject.com
Gravity is a production of Crate Media
Mentioned in this episode:
Gravity Audience Survey